4.23.2010

Why Hello There Once Again, Gnarly Carpet

Still jacking, still busting body parts. I've been hearing Yoks has been firing already this early part of the summer season, but I haven't had time or luck to score it yet. Until today! It was a little sketchy with the combination of the pretty hefty, almost rideable backwash + super low tide + sneaky NW energy closing things out every now and then. But holy cow I forgot how much I love that place! Clear day, blue water, blowing straight offshore when everywhere else on the westside was blown out = no complaints from me. The arena setting with the mountains and the beach, the edge-of-the world feeling, minimal crowds, and heaving barrels makes this one of my favorite chunks of acreage on the face of the earth. In actuality, it was pretty marginal by Yoks standards, but even a marginal day at Yoks is better than epic days at a lot of other spots. Bring it on 'til October El Nino!

Stoked to have a camera again!




Moving pictures for the retinae:

No comments: